Borrowing and Lending among WRLC Libraries
Through the Consortium Loan Service, eligible library users may borrow library materials, not available in the University Libraries at Catholic University, from the University Libraries partner libraries in the Washington Research Library Consortium.
Please see this online tutorial video on how to submit a consortium request via SearchBox.
Who may request via the consortium?Catholic University undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty, faculty associates, and staff with library privileges may request materials from the consortium.
What is available to borrow?
- Circulating books not owned by Catholic University. The books must display the status Available in the WRLC Libraries Catalog.
- Articles from journals and reference books not owned by Catholic University. The articles must be less than 50 pages.
- Books and journals owned by Catholic University that are shelved at the WRLC Center or are missing, lost, or charged.
How can I check the status of my request?
- To check the status of a request, login to My Library Account and click on Requests.
- You will be notified by e-mail if the item requested is ineligible for request. Requests for ineligible items are cancelled. When a request is ready you will be notified by e-mail.
Which libraries participate in the consortium?
Who do I contact if I still have questions?
Call 202-319-5060, or email email@example.com.
How can I renew consortium books?
- You may renew up to 3 times via My Library Account.
- In order to renew the item you must select the library that owns the item.
- If you need a further extension, you need to directly contact the library that owns the item(s).
- For further assistance:
- Email: Circulation Desk at Mullen Library firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: Circulation Desk at Mullen Library 202-319-5060