To help make the library's resources more accessible for remote library patrons, the University Libraries provides the following services:
Access Books and E-Books
Mailing Items to Remote Library Patrons
- Patron must be a current Catholic University student or faculty in good standing with the library.
- Patron must request items be sent outside a 50-mile radius of the Catholic University campus. Please register for remote delivery.
Note: Special circumstances will be considered on a case-by-case basis; if you reside within the 50-mile radius, send an email to email@example.com.
- Patron must request items be sent inside the continental United States, no AK, HI, or international destinations.
- Limit 5 items per week.
- Patron may request items from the Washington Research Library Consortium. Be aware that these items may have shorter loan periods than Catholic University items. Please note: many WRLC libraries have limited or suspended consortial services at this time.
- Place requests for mail delivery of Catholic University items using the Request feature in SearchBox, our catalog. For items owned by other WRLC institutions, please fill out our WRLC Remote Delivery Request form.
See step-by-step instructions.
- Patron is responsible for return shipping charges. Books are the patron's responsibility until they are received, undamaged, at Mullen Library. The Library recommends NOT sending packages by Media Mail.
- Please follow these shipping procedures:
- Use a service that includes a tracking number.
- Insure the package; to estimate the value of the return items, use the lost book replacement and processing cost of $120 per item. Request a signature upon arrival.
- Return address:
Attn. Access Services
123 Mullen Library
620 Michigan Ave., NE
Washington DC, 20064
For remote library patrons interested in placing an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) request:
- Given the delays in shipping from the lending library to CU then to you and vice versa for the return, it would be more efficient for you to first check with your local libraries for ILL book services.
- ILL article and chapter requests are usually delivered electronically. When submitting your ILL request, please include in the Notes field that you are a Remote Library Patron.