To help make the library's resources more accessible for distance learning and off-campus graduate students, the University Libraries provides the following services:
Access Books and E-Books
Mailing Items to Distance Education Library Patrons
- Patron must be a current Catholic University student, faculty or staff in good standing with the library.
- Patron must request items sent outside 100-mile radius of the Catholic University campus
- Patron must request item sent inside continental United States, no AK, HI or international destinations.
- Limit 5 items per day
- Patron may request items from the Washington Research Library Consortium. Be aware that these items may have shorter loan periods than Catholic University items.
- Place request(s) using our Off-Campus Delivery Request.
- Patron is responsible for return postage. Books are the patron’s responsibility until they are received, undamaged, at Mullen Library. The Library recommends not to send packages by Media Mail.
- Please follow these shipping procedures:
- Use a service that includes a tracking number
- Insure the package; to estimate the value of the return items, use the lost book replacement and processing cost of $120 / per title
- Request a signature upon arrival
- Return address:
Attn. Access Services
123 Mullen Library
620 Michigan Ave., NE
Washington DC, 20064
For Distance Learning Patrons interested in an ILL request:
- As the items will reach the patron more quickly and the patron will be able to keep the items longer, it is advised that patrons request Interlibrary Loan (ILL) book loans through their local public library.
- ILL article and chapter requests are usually delivered electronically. When submitting your ILL request, please include in the Notes field that you are a Distance Learning Patron.